Welcome to my website. I’ve been an entertainer all my working life for all kinds of audiences. And the common thread through it all has been the presence of a ukulele (or three!) This instrument brings together so many people in ways that nothing else can.
I look forward to entertaining you one day and meantime I hope my DVDs, CDs and Books help you along your own musical path.
“Very enjoyable…his performance reminded me of the music my family and I listened to when I was young.”
The Art of Ukulele
The Art of Ukulele is more than a simple how-to book. In it I share my personal experience and provide a unique view into the development of playing styles, stagecraft and even inspiration.
Also included is wisdom gleaned from current and past musical stars such as Bill Tapia, the Beatles, J. Chalmers Doane, Tiny Tim and Paul Casper, a modern-day George Formby impersonator. All in one concise, handy-sized volume—ideal for quick reference.
Learn how to
- Make your strumming more varied and interesting
- Improve your ability to play by ear
- Play a song in any key
- Sing in tune with resonance and strong breath control
- Develop practice techniques that work for you
- Banish your stage fright
- Perform with passion and energy
- Jam with others or lead a successful singalong
The Ralph Shaw Micro MegaStore!
Unlike other “megastores”, this one only has stuff that you need.
- Incredibly popular and acclaimed instructional DVDs
- A highly praised catalogue of CDs
- Books filled with useful tips and ideas compiled from the internationally famous newsletter
The Multimedia Experience
“Funny, smart, and captivating…Ralph Shaw is the consummate performer.”
“…Positively lilting…the man is a ukulele god.”
Follow me on Facebook
The Ukulele Entertainer: Inspired Ideas to Maximize Your Music
The Ukulele Entertainer is a free email newsletter designed to educate, inform and entertain. Learn tips on improving your playing, vocal technique and stage craft. Easy to unsubscribe any time you wish.
Click the button below to sign up.